The Permanent Employer Sponsored Programme consists of the following:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
The programme allows employers to nominate foreign workers for permanent residence to fill genuine vacancies in their business.
Within each of these visa subclasses there will be three streams:
Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- The temporary residence transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for their employer for at least the last two years in the nominated occupation and the employer wants to offer them a permanent position in that same occupation
- The direct entry stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last two years or are applying directly from outside Australia
- The agreement stream is for applicants who are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)