Got a question? icon02083226791
Refactoring: Extract and Inline Variable


General skilled migration is applicable to applicants whose occupations are listed in skilled occupation list published by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection – DIBP (such as accounting, engineering, IT, education, nursing, social work).

The DIBP will send invitations to applicants getting at least 60 points in points test, then, eligible applicants can submit the application for Skilled independent visa (subclass 189, 190). General skilled migration is the most common migration, accounting for 67.65% of total annual applications for migration. Visa subclass 189 can be applied inside and outside Australia. Every year, S&W Consulting Group successfully applies for skilled independent visa for a lot of students.


  • Have a relevant occupation
  • Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
  • Meet the points test pass mark of 60 points if you apply for Permanent Residence – Check your points with our Point Calculator
  • have Competent English
  • Be invited by DIBP to apply